Michael B Jordan returns as the champion, Adonis Creed for a third time in Creed 3, alongside returning stars and boxing cameos. Here’s who plays who.
Creed 3‘s cast packs in returning characters, new faces and a collection of cameos from the real world of boxing. Michael B Jordan returns as the title character, still living with the legacy of his father Apollo Creed, but firmly establishing his own legend. This time faced with a more personal conflict for Creed 3‘s ending fight, Creed is once more called to the ring, with Jonathan Majors the latest star to join the franchise. He bucks the trend of previous Creed movies casting real boxers as Creed’s opponents, but with that comes even more dramatic tension in their relationship.
Sylvester Stallone’s Rocky Balboa is missing from Creed 3and is the most notable absentee, though Dolph Lundgren’s Ivan Drago also sits the sequel out despite appearing in Creed 2. Here’s every actor in Creed 3 and which characters they play, along with 5 major cameos to spot.
Michael B Jordan As Adonis Creed
As well as playing Creed 3 star character Adonis Creed, Michael B Jordan stepped behind the camera for the first time, directing the movie for his feature debut. He plays Adonis at the apparent end of his career, older and more reflective than in Creed 2, but without the age guidance of Rocky Balboa. Having hung up his gloves, Adonis concentrates on promoting and running his co-owned gym.
Jordan recently reprized his role as Erik Killmonger in Black Panther: Wakanda Foreverbut somewhat remarkably, has only starred in three other movies since Creed 2‘s release in 2018: Just Mercy, Without Remorse and A Journal For Jordan. Next up, Jordan has the long-awaited Rainbow Six movie, Wrong Answer, The Thomas Crown Affairs’s remake and Danny Boyle’s Methuselah.
Jonathan Majors As Diamond Damian Anderson
Having just starred as new MCU villain Kang the Conqueror in Ant-Man & The Wasp: QuantumaniaJonathan Majors continues his assault on 2023’s blockbuster charts as Diamond Damian Anderson. A childhood friend of Adonis Johnson (later Creed), Anderson was a boxing prodigy who spent 18 years in prison and returns with a thirst for a title challenge. age Despite his , he follows in the underdog footsteps of Rocky Balboa, albeit through a far darker filter.
Majors won acclaim in Lovecraft CountryMajors have notable credits in The Harder They Fall, Jungleland, Lokiand Da 5 Bloods. He’ll next appear as anamateur bodybuilder in Magazine Dreamsand is currently billed to return as Kang in Loki season 2, and both Avengers: The Kang Dynasty and Avengers: Secret Wars.
Tessa Thompson as Bianca Taylor
Tessa Thompson returns as Adonis Creed’s wife and de facto conscience Bianca Taylor in Creed 3 having debuted in creed and returned in Creed 2Now retired (or at least on hiatus) from performing live, she’s an award-winning music producer, who wants her daughter Amari from repeating the violent mistakes of her father’s past.
Like both Jordan and Majors, Thompson is an MCU alumnus, having played Valkyrie in Thor: Ragnarok and Love & Thunder, as well as Avengers: Endgame. She will presumably return for more MCU appearances, and played a prominent role in Westworld before its untimely cancellation in 2022.
Creed 3 Supporting Cast
- Phylicia Rashad As Mary Anne Creed – Adonis’ mother appears in Creed 3once more played by The Cosby Show veteran Phylicia Rashad. She previously appeared in creed and Creed 2 as Apollo Creed’s widow. More recently, Rashad has appeared in This Is Us, David Makes Manand The Good Fight.
- Mila Davis-Kent As Amara Creed – Newcomer Mila Davis-Kent plays Amara Creed, daughter of Adonis and Bianca. Her only previous credit came in medical series The Resident.
- Wood Harris As Tony “Little Duke” Evers – Adonis Creed’s boxing coach returns, played by Wood Harris. Recently appearing in Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers DynastyHarris is also known for his prominent roles in Empire and The Wire.
- Thaddeus J. Mixon As Young Adonis Johnson – A relative newcomer to acting, Thaddeus J Mixon plays Adonis Creed in flashbacks, at age 15. He’s appeared in Reasonable Doubt and The Wonder Years reboot.
- Spencer Moore II As Young Damian Anderson – Spencer Moore II, who plays Dame at age 18 also appeared in The Wonder Years and has played prominent roles in both AP Bio and All American.
- Florian Munteanu As Viktor Drago – Having made his feature debut in Creed 2, man-mountain and former boxer Florian Munteanu reappears as Viktor Drago, son of Ivan. Since that debut Munteanu has appeared in Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings as villain Razor Fist and in Vikings: Valhalla.
- Tony Bellew As “Pretty” Ricky Conlan – Another real-world boxer, Bellew reprises his role as Pretty Ricky Conlan for Adonis Creed’s retirement fight. He previously appeared in creedand has no other acting credits to his name.
- Jose Benavidez Jr As Felix Chavez – Joining Bellew and Munteanu in Creed’s list of boxers-turned-actors, Jose Benavidez Jr is a welterweight who appeared in Creed 3 with a professional record of 27 wins, 2 losses and a draw.
- Selenis Leyva As Laura Chavez – Leyva plays Felix’s mother, coach and chief hype-woman. She appears in sitcom Lopez vs. Lopez and previously played Gloria Mendoza in Orange Is the New Black.
Every Cameo In Creed 3
- Saul “Canelo” Álvarez As Himself – The real-life boxing legend appears briefly at ringside for Damian Anderson’s fight with Felix Chavez, alongside his wife, Fernanda Gómez.
- Kehlani As Herself – The heavily-tattooed American singer appears as the musical star of Bianca’s label party.
- Jacob ‘Stitch’ Duran As Stitch -Having appeared in several Rocky movies and the first two Creed movies, professional cutman Jacob Duran appears once more as Adonis Creed’s cutman in his corner.
- Ann Najjar As Ann (as Ann ‘Mitt Queen’ Najjar) -During the training montage as Creed prepares to fight Diamond Dame in Creed 3‘s final fight, he is trained on the pads by Ann Najjar, a fitness coach and Instagram influencer.
- Patrice “Boog” Harris As Himself – Another mitt-man, Boog helps train Creed during the montage and appears in his ring entourage for the final fight. Away from movies, Harris works for the DC Department of Parks and Recreation as a youth boxing program coach.
More: Creed 3’s Most Heartbreaking Scene Makes Rocky’s Absence Even Worse